Wednesday, March 8, 2017

"I forgive you for not always being there when I needed and for not being the dad I expected".....actress Lily Collins

British-American actress and model Lily Collins, in an open letter to her estranged dad poured out her heart on the disappointment and frustration she feels for being abandoned as a child.
"I forgive you for not always being there when I needed and for not being the dad I expected. I forgive the mistakes you made." she wrote.

"There's still so much time to move forward. And I want to. I'm inviting you to join me. I love you with all of my heart, more than you'll ever know, and am so thankful for you. I'll always be your little girl."

"We all make choices and, although I don’t excuse some of yours, at the end of the day we can’t rewrite the past," she wrote. "I’m learning how to accept your actions and vocalize how they made me feel. I accept and honor the sadness and anger I felt toward the things you did or didn’t do, did or didn’t give me.

I've learned a lot and my eyes and heart are wide open. I now understand that my frustrations surrounding our communication are not about changing you but accepting you as you are."

The 27 years old  actress, revealed this in her essay book "Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me."

She recounted suffering  from "eating disorder" at one point.

Phillip Collins, Lily's famous musician dad left her mum whilst she was still young, to marry a third wife whom he relocated to be with in Switzerland.

The actress says she still wants to amend things with her dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate