Thursday, April 6, 2017

President Trump defends Bill O’Reilly against sexual harassment claims......

President Donald Trump on Wednesday came to the defense of Fox News host Bill O'Reilly over his alleged sexual harassment scandal.

This comes after it was reported on Saturday that the five women at Fox network who accused Mr. O'Reilly of inappropriate sexual behavior, including verbal abuse, lewd comments and unwanted advances had received settlements totaling about $13 million from  Mr. O'Reilly and 21st Century Fox in lawsuits dating back to 2002. 

Mr. O'Reilly denied the allegations, disclosing that the settlements were only reached to protect his children from public harassment.

Speaking in an interview with The New York Times, Trump said,
'I think he’s a person I know well — he is a good person. I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally, I think he shouldn’t have settled. Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.'⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Last year, it could also be recalled that when former Fox News chief Roger Ailes, was accused of sexual harassment, President Trump also came to his defense.⠀⠀⠀⠀

'I think they are unfounded just based on what I’ve read,' Trump said of the accusations against Ailes. 'Totally unfounded, based on what I read.'

However, following Mr. O'Reilly's scandal, several advertisers have since cut ties and refused to air their commercials during The O’Reilly Factor. 
-LIB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate